Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: A few life updates and adventures

Saturday 29 September 2012

A few life updates and adventures

Good Afternoon, I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday :)

So I thought I would share some little updates and things I have been doing, with you, now everything has calmed down a bit.

Well I mentioned in summer that I have a new job in a department store. Since then I have moved into the stock room to manage deliveries and I am quite enjoying it. It can be stressful, and it doesn't sound very glamourous, but I have a lot of responsibility, and I am always the first to see the new clothes entering the store, which is exciting :)

However, as much as I like this job I am also undertaking some work experience at a graphics company, which I am LOVING. I am going to write a post about how all this happened shortly, it's going to be a bit of a life lesson post, so if that interests you, keep your eyes peeled.

I will start with the sad news that I have lost my little rattie, Ollie. I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but 1st September he lost his fight with the breathing troubles he has always had. I am pretty sad about it all, but Stan is now one little spoilt guy, here he is with his new favourite treat:


So aside from getting used to the routine that work forces you into, I have been working on a couple of personal projects and adventures, the first of which was the surprise party for my mum and dads 25th wedding anniversary, (I mentioned it a couple of posts back). This party was a month and a half in the planning, and was one of the most stressful things I have ever done, but was so totally worth it. Here's a snap of the party as everyone was arriving. The decorations and food etc took 7 hours on the day...

(slightly blurry, but you get the idea)

We had tea lights in jars, fairy lights and bunting on the ceiling. Table diamonds, candles in bottles and jars, doilies and confetti and petals on the tables, bows on the chairs, a ballon arch, other ballons and all sorts of lovely things. I am so proud of everyone who helped: Luke, Rosie, Sam, Molly, Elisha, Alfie, Grandad, Jamie and our Aunties and Uncles who chipped in to make it perfect! 

So apart from that the food and drink festival and Yorkshire Best has been in town and me and Sam decided to go and explore, so here are some snippets: 



Top Left: One of the free Roses from Yorkshire Best and our Prosecco at the Champagne Bar at the food and drink festival.
Top Right: Me and Sam  enjoying ourselves
Bottom: Raspberry Mulled Wine, that I washed down my hog roast with.

And then it was my birthday! I have reached the grand old age of 23, and besides being at work all day I had a lovely day, topped off by going home to see my lovely mum, dad and boyfriend for a takeaway, and then up at 6 the next day to make it back to work for 9! Here are a couple of the lovely things I got:


My beautifully thoughtful photo collage canvas from Sam.


Gorgeous flowers designed by Rosie  one of the many presents from her, including Yankee Candles and accessories, chocolate, Mac make-up, Body Shop make-up, and the lovely ratty rings below:


The absolute icing on the cake is the beautiful DKNY Rose Gold watch from Mum and Dad, I love this so so much that I never want to take it off! I have been after a rose gold watch for aaaages! I am thrilled.


My lovely boyfriend bought me a transformer Wall.E, with a photo of me and him in Wall.E's belly, and when I received him, he was holding a Freddo. To some of you this may sound random, but I love random, and Wall.E, so I am happy :)

Finally I thought I would share a photo of the buns I made for work, I baked them and made the buttercream, then Rosie  piped and helped me decorate, because it was 10pm by this point!


So yeah, I hope you enjoyed my little life update post, I do want to start doing Instagram posts as life update posts, so you can see what I have been up to.

On another note, I finally have a video camera, so hopefully Youtube will be going ahead soon. If you have any suggestions please let me know :)

I am about to go to the Designer Outlet, so I will leave this post here.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, until next time :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)