Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: And now the hard work begins...

Friday 27 May 2011

And now the hard work begins...

Finally got all of my projects handed in, and now life seems to be getting more difficult!
As I have previously mentioned, I am aiming to become self employed and offer last minute and temporary cover for small businesses in York, and in the last two weeks I am finally working on taking the plunge! However, it's not as simple as I was expecting...
Forms forms forms, and a million hoops to jump through! I suppose it is a bit harder for me because of the health problems I have had and the financial help I have been receiving because of it, but there just seems to be so much to do! That along with sorting out my flat and new tenancy, I feel I already need to hire someone to help with my paperwork.
Today though, I finally feel like I am getting somewhere, and that 'The Shop Sitter' will soon be a common service around York. I am feeling positive, but I just want to get going now, however, my sensible head knows I need everything in place before I take the final step and declare myself as 'self employed'. So I have set up the email, the Facebook and enrolled myself on some free business courses, and it finally means I can tick some jobs off the list. 
I still have a way to go, (along side this I am also promoting my mum's glass jewellery, who said that finishing college means everything slows down?!), so at the moment I barely have time to think! But I hope that one day soon I will be putting up a post that is to inform you that I am finally in business!
Wish me luck...




On another note, I did say I would post about my tailoring and dressmaking course, which is going pretty well. Tackled zips last night though, took 4 attempts to get the first part of the zip on, but I suppose it's all a learning curve, and another skill to add to my knowledge :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)